The Jesuitenkirche (Jesuit Church) is the first large Baroque church built in Switzerland. Construction began in 1666, and in 1677 the Jesuitenkirche was inaugurated in a ceremony. It was built for two purposes: as a church for the religious secondary school and as a church for the general pastoral work of the Jesuits. The acoustics of this magnificent interior space are also impressive. In addition to liturgical services, the church today is used to train organists from the Luzerner Hochschule für Musik and as a concert venue.
The box office opens one hour before the concert begins.